VIVO is a US manufacturing company that makes a wide range of niche products for various hobbies and activities. One of its most heralded products recently is the Vivo Height Adjustable Desk & Chair, which came out in late 2015. It has received an almost unanimous outpouring of rave reviews, and quickly shot to #1 on Amazon among newly released children’s desks.
So what has gotten parents and students all excited about this matched set of desk and chair from VIVO? Take a look at some of its most important features.
- It can be adjusted to suit the height of your child as they grow older and bigger. The desk can be 21 inches to 30 inches high, while the seat of the chair can be adjusted as well from 12.5 inches to 17 inches. It’s recommended for children ages 3 to 10.
- The desk measures 26 inches by 19 inches and the surface can be tilted up to 40 degrees. Beneath the desk surface, there’s a 1-inch stopper that keeps your child’s hands from being pinched when they’re adjusting the angel of the tilt.
- It also features an organized pullout drawer, which is great for writing and coloring utensils as well as for papers and coloring books.
- A steel frame is set in both the desk and the chair, while the desk surface and the drawer are made from PP-grade plastic. So essentially you have a metal desk and chair with a few parts made from sturdy plastic.
- A metal hook is also available, which you can set in either side. The hook holds any book bags out of the way of the child’s legs and off the floor.
- The materials here are all BPA-free.
Pros and Cons
First of all, the price is very affordable. It doesn’t quite match the features of some of its competitors which can suit up to adult sizes, but then again it costs less than $170. Some of its more sophisticated competitors can cost much more than $1,000.
Yet in this case, affordable doesn’t’ mean “cheap” at all. The quality of the build is excellent, with the metal parts nicely painted and the plastic parts free of defects. Ball-bearing slider rails are used, so that pulling out the drawer goes smoothly and there are no misalignments to worry about. All the parts fit each other nicely.
It’s also very easy to assemble, with the US-made instruction manual offering very clear and concise instructions and diagrams. You’ll only need about half an hour to finish the assembly. Once you’re done with the assembly, you’ll find that the Vivo desk and chair looks good. It’s available in gray, blue, and pink.
And it also lasts for a very long time. The metal frame helps with durability issues, and it can survive children’s tantrums and frenetic activities for many years, even with the family dog adding some bumps for good measure.
Through the years, the adjustability also accommodates the needs of your growing child. It can fit any child ranging from a height of 3 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 8 inches. What that really means is that it can suit children no matter how big they get. Past 5 feet 8 inches, that’s actually adult-size territory.
So what’s wrong with it? Nothing, really. In fact, it may even be too good, and that means the supply sometimes can’t keep up with the demand. So it may only be available on sites like Amazon for a short while until the stock runs out, and then you’d have to wait a while for it to be available again.
Perhaps the only problem here is the lack of customization, as you can’t put in add-ons for extra storage space. It may accommodate the size of a high school student, but probably not the storage needs of an older student.
It’s adjustable for ergonomics, the storage space is ample, it can be adjusted as the child grows, and it’s fairly affordable. If you have any young kids starting out with reading and writing, it’s absolutely perfect. Get it now, as tomorrow you may not have it available and then you need to wait again. For children just starting out with school, it’s great.
No reviews yet